Sunday, April 22, 2012

Return of LuLu

I am truly thankful for my friends back home who keep me sane and remind me that no matter how far  away (7487 miles to be exact) we're separated by this big pond they call the Pacific Ocean, they will always be there when I need them. Cyber technology in the form of Skype has been a real blessing to me since I landed in Oz. I can now stay in better touch with my friends and family - sometimes like almost being there but nothing will ever beat the warmth of a good ol' hug!

Last night (afternoon for me) I had a priceless gab session with my besties Bud and Ro. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to fall of my chair. Laughter is definitely the best medicine especially when you have a bad case of homesickness...thanks girls! I miss you and love you both so much.

The one thing you can always count and love the most about your girlfriends is their honesty. Ro bluntly reminded me I hadn't updated my blog in a long time. Actually it's been almost a year. Yes, I have been very bad, but Lulu is back.

There has been so much that has happened over the last 12 months I can't even begin to squeeze my thoughts into one or even 50 posts. I will say that probably the biggest highlight during this time period occurred last June when we went to Uluru (Ayers Rock) in the middle of Australia with our friends the Lewis'. Our adventure was incredible and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I've never seen as many stars, bluer skies or breathtaking sunrises/sunsets than I experienced camping in the outback....absolutely and un-describably amazing!

Living in the country of Australia you never know what critters you might come across from one day to the next. This weekend, for example, has been extra special. Friday night we had a poisonous brown snack slither his way between the panes of our sliding glass door into the house. Luckily we scared him back outside in which he received the business end of a shovel. Then this morning I decided to unfurl my patio umbrella to create a nice little shady spot our guest during morning tea (white chocolate & raspberry muffins -yummy) and what did I find hiding inside????? A bat! What's next, a platypus in my bathtub?




No comments:

Post a Comment