Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pizza-azzz!

Inspired by a recent episode of Masterchef Australia, Ben and I decided on Monday night to "have a go" at making our own pizza base. I'm sure we'll get better with practice, but we felt our first attempt was a success. So much so that I think I heard Ben say "we'll never have to buy another take-home pizza ever again"!
We had a great time creating our own topping combinations but most of all, eating the results! I even made a dessert pizza that was like an open-faced apple pie - yummo! One thing I've learned from Waddy's create-a-pizza gatherings in Corcoran is that the ingredients you toss on top is only limited by your imagination. Yeh baby!!

Masterchef Benjo!

They may not have looked pretty but they were darn tasty. We'll make sure to get some tips from our friend Troy, the professional pizza-man, on our next visit back home so he can show us how to make an "Awesome" pizza.

The only unfortunate incident of the night was that the oven was way too hot and it cracked my pizza stone in 3 pieces...bugger! I guess we'll have to do as Masterchefs do and try cooking our next pizza on a terracotta tile. Hmmm?

1 comment:

  1. WOW Lulu!!! I just stopped by your blog and discovered I am way behind. Great travel logs & photos. Love the camping and now PIZZA? You go girl. Xxoo, M

    ReplyDelete