Thursday, June 3, 2010

50 Something!

I awoke this morning a year older.
(actually, I still have another day with the time difference - yeah!)
Beautiful cards, text messages , a box from home, Facebook greetings and all sorts of b-day goodies were there waiting to greet me as I brushed the sleep out of my eyes at dawn.

I'm feeling very special today with all the love coming my way from friends and family near and far. I am so thankful and blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

My friend Adam e-mailed a poem he had just written for me this morning. His genius with the pen is truly a gift and always a delight to read. He has defintely put a smile on this birthday girl's face which also brought a little sunshine into this very rainy day.

Thought for the Day
by Adam Lewis


As time will unwind, we suddenly find,
that we’ve come to the end of the week.
With the cold & the wet, the weekend will be met,
by a forecast decidedly bleak.

Though someone will shine, a good friend of mine,
for today is her Birthday you see.
So Lori I’ll say, you’re our ‘Thought for the Day’
with Love & Best Wishes for free.


The ILs (mother-In-Law & father-In-Law) treated me to a scrumptious italian dinner at a lovely little restaurant that had scenes of Tuscany painted on the walls. Our hosts were also the entertainers (keyboard and vocals) that lured me, along with another b-day girl in the crowd, to dance by ourselves (husbands suddenly became shy) to the tune of "Sweet Sixteen"! Too funny!



A late night celebratory homemade chocolate cake was presented and devoured (yummo) in minutes as a another fabulous and memorable birthday came to a close.

1 comment:

  1. You looked like you had a most glorious birthday! When we see you, we will have to have a celebration of our own! Miss you and love you heaps!!!!

    ReplyDelete