Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sailing Away

I think I love sailing!
This week one of the contracting companies on-site invited a small group of us to go sailing on Sydney Harbour. The company is a sponsor of the racing boat "The SubZero Goat" which won their class in the Sydney to Hobart Race in 2008. We set sail from the CYCA (Crusing Yacht Club of Australia) marina in the Sydney harbour to participate in their St Arnou Wednesday Twilight Race. Boats were everywhere, just a sea of sails! The course goes out and around Shark Island and ends at Rushcutters Bay.

"The SubZero Goat"

Col (my boss) and I getting ready to set sail
Race On!
After the race was over we all had a turn at the wheel. The water was fantastic and the sunset incredible as it slowly set over the skyline of Sydney. After debarkation we enjoyed a fabulous gourmet dinner at the yacht club.
Lulu taking her turn at the helm with a little assistance from steerman Bruce - "I'm Saling"!

Sunset over Sydney (note the opera house in the background)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a fantastic treat!!! I want to sail Sydney's harbor.

    ReplyDelete